Juvéderm is a hyaluronic acid-based cosmetic dermal filler that can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, restoring your naturally radiant visage. A trained doctor can administer this treatment in a minimally invasive procedure, with little to no need for downtime. More and more women are looking for easily attainable cosmetic procedures to help give their skin that extra boost. As a result, dermal fillers are the second most common nonsurgical aesthetic procedure, with an estimated 58% increase in injection prevalence over the past 5 years.(1)
Hyaluronic acid products are currently the most utilised dermal fillers.(2) Their popularity can mainly be attributed to their ease of use for doctors, and achievable price tag for patients compared to cosmetic surgery procedures. Getting the highest quality cosmetic treatments is an important factor for all of our patients. One of London’s renowned cosmetic surgeons, Dr Hamlet of Harley Street, is an experienced medical professional with the skills and knowledge to perform your ideal Juvéderm treatment. Please ring our reception on 0207 127 4377 or get in touch via our online inquiry form to get more information about your treatment options.
- 1 About Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
- 2 Benefits of Juvéderm Treatment
- 3 Candidates for Dermal Fillers
- 4 Personal Consultation with Dr Hamlet
- 5 Preparing for Your Juvéderm Treatment
- 6 Juvéderm Procedures on Harley Street
- 7 Dermal Filler Treatment Recovery & Results
- 8 Corresponding & Complementary Procedures
- 9 Cost of Juvéderm Fillers in London
- 10 FAQ
- 11 References
About Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
Hyaluronic acid is naturally found in abundance in your skin. Its main function is hydration and providing the scaffolding structure for proteins like collagen and elastin.
Although you can find it in over-the-counter products, it works best beneath the surface of skin, which is why fillers are so effective. Hyaluronic acid can support skin structure from deep within the sub-layers of the dermis.
What Are Dermal Fillers?
Sometimes known as “soft-tissue fillers’, dermal fillers, such as those in the Juvéderm family of treatments, are gel-based substances. Doctors can skillfully inject the fillers into strategically targeted areas to add tissue volume, lessen the appearance of wrinkles, and smoothen skin in the area.
Ageing Skin & the Juvéderm Collection
There are both intrinsic and extrinsic factors in skin ageing. Intrinsic or innate ageing is an inevitable process which affects the skin in the same pattern as it affects the rest of the body. Extrinsic ageing is the result of exposure to external factors such as ultraviolet (UV) light. (3)
The Juvéderm family of treatments is a highly effective facial rejuvenation system, and is available to treat signs of ageing in a number of specific areas of the face. Varying formulations are available to successfully target specific areas of the face.
- Cheeks – You may find your cheeks have a flatter appearance as you age, and your skin may begin to sag. The term doctors use for this is age-related midface volume loss. Juvederm Voluma XC, a cheek-targeting solution, adds subdermal volume beneath providing lift and contouring to the cheek area. (4)
- Chin – The Voluma XC formulation can also be used in chin augmentation. If you’re an adult over the age of 21, you can improve your chin profile, and redefine your lower facial contours.
- Lines – Juvéderm Vollure XC is used to improve moderate to severe facial wrinkling, including the nasolabial folds. It smooths the appearance of lines in the face and can be applied to various areas of the face to correct these imperfections.
- Lips – Lip filler treatments are performed using Juvéderm Volbella XC. This injectable gel is for use in lip augmentation and for correction of perioral lines, or “lipstick lines” as they are colloquially known.
Do you want to find out more about dermal fillers? If you are curious about how any of the Juvéderm Collection of dermal fillers can benefit you, get in touch with The Harley Clinic on 0207 127 4377 for prompt, knowledgeable answers to your cosmetic treatment questions!
Benefits of Juvéderm Treatment
A Juvéderm treatment has many benefits for patients, which include the following.
- Restores elegant contours of the face
- Smooths lines and wrinkles
- Encourages collagen production
- Quick recovery with minimal downtime
- Low risk of allergies
- Long-lasting aesthetic effects
- Simple, effective procedure
- Boosts confidence and self-esteem
Candidates for Dermal Fillers
Perhaps you’re looking to reduce the appearance of crow’s feet, plump up and smooth your lips, or solve the troublesome “marionette lines” around your mouth. Whichever aspect of your appearance you would like to change, Dr Hamlet can help you achieve your goals. Patients who seek dermal fillers should be adults in generally good health and wish to take advantage of cosmetic measures for their facial rejuvenation. Before your treatment, you should have realistic expectations from a non-surgical procedure such as Juvéderm and be comfortable with the pre- and post-treatment instructions given to you by Dr Hamlet. You will be able to discuss all of these points and more in a personal conversation at The Harley Clinic.
Personal Consultation with Dr Hamlet
When you meet with Dr Hamlet, you will be able to explain the aspects of your appearance that you would like to improve with Juvéderm. At this time, he will take your brief medical history and examine the area(s) for treatment. If you are a suitable candidate for hyaluronic fillers, you will take the next step toward booking a treatment date with our knowledgeable staff.
Preparing for Your Juvéderm Treatment
There are some things to avoid before you come in for Juvéderm treatment.
- Avoid taking ibuprofen, paracetamol and naproxen (any NSAID) as these can thin your blood and affect your filler treatment.
- Avoid applying topical creams with retinol, glycolic acid and similar prescription and non-prescription “anti-ageing” remedies.
- Don’t drink any alcohol at least 24 hours before your dermal filler appointment as this can affect blood thinning and bruising.
- If you are getting lip fillers and are prone to cold sores, please let Dr Hamlet know in your personal consultation so preventive measures can be taken.
Are you interested in finding out more about plastic surgery and anti-ageing treatments? Our online blog gives beauty tips, the latest procedure updates, and outlines information about some lesser-known procedures that could make a difference in your life!
Juvéderm Procedures on Harley Street
Before your Juvéderm treatment, Dr Hamlet will ask you to come to his Harley Street practice with a “clean face” free from products and makeup. After thoroughly cleansing your face, he may apply a topical anaesthetic to ensure your comfort during the procedure. In fact, some Juvéderm products (such as Juvéderm XC) actually contain numbing lidocaine to help mitigate any pain. Once he has done this, he will prepare the specific Juvéderm formulation you require and carefully inject it into the targeted area(s) using a fine needle. As soon as this is done, the formula will begin to smooth, volumize and plump the skin. You may feel some tightness and see some flushing in your face, but this is temporary and the effects can be improved by taking medication approved by Dr Hamlet during your recovery period.
Dermal Filler Treatment Recovery & Results
Most patients can see the initial results of their treatment the moment they look in the mirror after their procedure! However, it usually takes about two weeks for the Juvéderm to settle completely under the skin, which is when patients will see their final results. After your treatment, you will be able to get back to your regular schedule immediately, though Dr Hamlet will ask you to take care of the treated area carefully by using sunscreen, staying moisturised, and avoid any strenuous activity that could hamper the healing process.
Corresponding & Complementary Procedures
As well as facial aesthetic improvement such as Juvéderm, at The Hamlet Clinic, we offer surgical and non-surgical options for treatment, available at competitive prices. Below is a list of surgical procedures that complement dermal fillers.
Blepharoplasty – An eyelid lift, or blepharoplasty, is a cosmetic procedure that reduces age-related sagging of the eyelids and restores your eyes to a fresher, more youthful appearance. Combined with Juvéderm, the end results are more dramatic and noticeable.
Rhinoplasty – Cosmetic nose surgery helps patients get the nose contour they always wanted! With a rhinoplasty procedure, you can achieve a beautifully proportionate nose.
Cost of Juvéderm Fillers in London
Your individualised treatment plan will vary, and can be discussed in full at your personal consultation with Dr Hamlet. For financing information, please see our website.
How many different types of Juvéderm treatment are there?
Juvéderm currently offers eight variations of dermal fillers each of which has its own properties to successfully treat different areas of the face and body. To find out which one is best for your treatment goals, speak to a licensed plastic surgeon at a personal consultation.
What do hyaluronic acid fillers do to your skin?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally-occuring substance in the body that helps the skin stay plumped and hydrated. Hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvéderm can be delivered deep into the skin to help the body form more collagen, as well as providing shape, contouring the areas of the face targeted for treatment.
Is Juvéderm the same as Restylane?
Although they are similar in many respects, the main difference between Juvéderm and Restylane is their textures. While Restylane has a more granular feel and lends itself well to staying firmly in place for facial contouring, Juvéderm has a smoother consistency and is more effective in the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles.
When will I notice the results of my dermal filler treatment?
Most patients will be able to see the beginning of their results immediately after their treatment, although it usually takes about two weeks for the full effects of Juvéderm to be seen.
- Akinbiyi, T., Othman, S., Familusi, O., Calvert, C., Card, E. B., & Percec, I. (2020). Better Results in Facial Rejuvenation with Fillers. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Global Open, 8(10). https://doi.org/10.1097/GOX.0000000000002763
- Rohrich, R. J., Bartlett, E. L., & Dayan, E. (2019). Practical Approach and Safety of Hyaluronic Acid Fillers. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – Global Open, 7(6), e2172. https://doi.org/10.1097/gox.0000000000002172
- Papakonstantinou, E., Roth, M., & Karakiulakis, G. (2012). Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin ageing. Dermato-Endocrinology, 4(3), 253–258. https://doi.org/10.4161/derm.21923
- Cheek Fillers | JUVÉDERM®. (n.d.). Www.juvederm.com. Retrieved December 17, 2021, from https://www.juvederm.com/treatment/cheek-fillers