Ultherapy is a non-invasive procedure for the face that uses ultrasound waves to tighten and firm the skin.  This customizable treatment allows patients to target and correct specific areas of concern, including the brow, jawline, jowls, and neck. The ultrasound energy penetrates the skin to heat vital tissues, increasing collagen production and firming the skin. As we mature, our bodies produce less of the collagen needed to keep our skin vibrant and supple. However, Ultherapy can kick-start collagen production and tighten sagging skin–without any incisions! The resulting aesthetic is youthful and lifted! Dr Grant Hamlet of The Hamlet Clinic is one of Britain’s premier cosmetic surgeons. In as little as a single session, you can refresh your skin for a younger-looking aesthetic. Call 0207 127 4377 to schedule an initial consultation.
- 1 About Ultherapy
- 2 Benefits of Ultherapy
- 3 Ideal Candidates
- 4 Personal Consultation with Dr Hamlet
- 5 Preparation
- 6 Procedure
- 7 Recovery
- 8 Results
- 9 Corresponding & Complementary Procedures
- 10 Cost of Ultherapy in England
- 11 FAQ
- 12 References
Developing non-surgical anti-ageing treatments has been an ongoing quest for aesthetic medicine. Today, there are countless skin rejuvenation treatments, and many of them are based on the principles of energy-based tissue remodelling. Ultherapy is one of them. But this popular treatment has some key advantages that have made it one of the most popular and effective rejuvenation technologies in the industry. Unlike similar skin tightening treatments, Ultherapy delivers micro-focused ultrasound (MFU) with an applicator that is simply placed on the skin. It emits pulses of ultrasonic waves, which can penetrate into deep tissue without harming the surrounding regions.  This energy creates a thermal effect beneath the skin, where temperatures briefly reach 60°C in the small areas of heated tissue.  This brief heat exposure causes the existing collagen beneath our skin to contract, pulling the skin tight. It also creates a controlled injury that causes the body to initiate a wound healing response. As a result, the body begins to produce supplies of new collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid: the building blocks of firm, radiant skin! As it produces these in the coming weeks, skin becomes smoother, and the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines fade. Best of all, results can last up to 1-2 years.
Areas Ultherapy Can Treat
Ultherapy can be used to treat mild to moderate skin laxity issues in many areas of the body, including:
- Upper face: Cheeks, forehead, and browline
- Lower face: Areas around the mouth, the chin, and jawline
- Upper Body: Neck, and upper chest area
Benefits of Ultherapy
Ultherapy treatment is an excellent non-surgical way to restore and preserve youthful, resilient skin. This technology is designed to accurately deliver the precise amount of ultrasound energy needed. It has specialised imaging abilities to gauge the amount of energy being emitted to accommodate the varying thicknesses of facial skin in each patient. Ultherapy also offers the following advantages, including:
- Non-invasive, so there is no need for incisions, or scarring
- Noticeable difference immediately after treatment
- Stimulates the body’s natural production of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid for gradual long-term results
- Fast treatment and recovery time that allows you to resume your daily activities immediately after
- Provides youthful, long-lasting changes to the skin
Ultherapy is for men and women patients looking to correct minimal to moderate skin laxity, but are reluctant to commit to a surgical procedure.
Good Candidates for Ultherapy
- Have moderate skin laxity
- Are concerned about early and advancing signs of ageing
- Are not currently experiencing an acne outbreak or have open wounds in the treatment area
- Do not have implant devices or metallic implants
- Are not pregnant
- Have not recently had injectable fillers, and have never had permanent fillers
- Have sensible expectations of the type of results Ultherapy can produce
A consultation with Dr Hamlet will determine whether you stand to benefit from Ultherapy or if other treatment options would better meet your needs. So, schedule yours today online or by phoning 0207 127 4377.
Personal Consultation with Dr Hamlet
The Hamlet Clinic is a private cosmetic practise based in London, and Dr Grant Hamlet is committed to providing honest advice, excellent patient care, and outstanding results to everyone that visits.
Your consultation with Dr Hamlet is a friendly discussion about how best to improve your appearance. Dr Hamlet will also examine your skin and discuss your lifestyle to get a better sense of your aesthetic needs. This will help him to determine which treatments will best benefit you. By the end of the consultation, you’ll have a customized treatment plan and an understanding of Ultherapy’s benefits, the treatment process, and other pertinent information about your upcoming session. At the end of your consultation, we’ll provide you with a list of pre-treatment instructions to follow. Doing so will ensure you receive fast, effective treatment with outstanding results.
Your special pre-treatment instructions are minimal but contain essential directives that should be completed before treatment.
- Reduce your time in the sun to lessen unnecessary UV exposure
- Start taking arnica montana to reduce swelling and bruising
- Arrive for your appointment without makeup or skincare products
Before treatment begins, we’ll clean the treated areas and apply a topical anaesthetic to ensure your experience is as comfortable as possible. After determining the appropriate treatment levels for each area of skin, the Ultherapy applicator, or transducer, is placed on a specific section of skin, where it emits bursts of ultrasound energy. Depending on the size and number of treated areas, the procedure can last up to two hours.
You may have flushed skin for a few hours after the procedure. Patients may also experience swelling, tingling, or tenderness, but it will disappear in a few days. Do not be tempted to touch the treated areas because this can increase irritation. To relieve some of these conditions, you can pick up over-the-counter medication such as ibuprofen  from your local chemist. Despite this, the procedure should not prevent you from resuming your normal activities right after treatment! 
The collagen contraction created during the treatment will give the appearance of an immediate lift! But the real reward is on its way. In the coming weeks, increased collagen production will continue to tighten your skin, and results will continue to flourish over the next 2-3 months. Patients can see their results last up to 1-2 years. After a year, those who treasure their Ultherapy results can simply schedule an additional treatment. To get a better visual representation of your possible results, you can follow us on Twitter.
Corresponding & Complementary Procedures
Ultherapy is a great anti-ageing solution for patients not yet ready for surgery. However, Dr Hamlet may recommend other treatments that provide similar results. While they may differ in approach, they have proven to be highly effective in delivering significant results.
Patients looking for a cost-effective treatment to combat facial ageing can do so with an easy Botox treatment. The injectable treatment contains a neurotoxin that temporarily inhibits chemical signals that cause facial muscle contraction. Facial muscles relax, and dynamic wrinkles and fine lines are reduced after injection. Patients can see their results last for 3-4 months.
Cost of Ultherapy in England
What is Ultherapy?
Ultherapy is a non-invasive anti-ageing solution that uses ultrasound energy to restore skin laxity in the face, neck, and chest.
What areas of the body can I use for Ultherapy?
Ultherapy can be used to correct skin laxity issues in the face, eyebrows, neck, jowls, chest, and under the chin.
Will I need multiple Ultherapy treatments?
Many patients will achieve great results with one treatment. However, patients can get additional treatments every year to extend them.
- Fabi, S., Pavicic, T., Braz, A., Green, J. B., Seo, K., & van Loghem, J. A. (2017). Combined aesthetic interventions for prevention of facial ageing, and restoration and beautification of face and body. Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology, 10, 423–429. https://doi.org/10.2147/CCID.S144282
- Gutowski, K. A. (2016). Microfocused Ultrasound for Skin Tightening. Clinics in Plastic Surgery, 43(3), 577–582. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cps.2016.03.012
- Shome, D., Vadera, S., Ram, M. S., Khare, S., & Kapoor, R. (2019). Use of Micro-focused Ultrasound for Skin Tightening of Mid and Lower Face. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – Global Open, 7(12), e2498. https://doi.org/10.1097/gox.0000000000002498